Introducing Team Canada Skills Clinics and University and College Meet and Greet
Team Canada is made up of some the finest cheer athletes in the nation, and certainly coached by the best we have – come learn skills in a fun and friendly environment. We are currently offering two dates – but are looking for more across the country
Recommended for athletes in grade 11+. Athletes should be 10 years old minimum to attend. All skill levels welcome!
1. SOLD OUT February 28th at Kingston Elite in Kingston, ON – perfect for Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal cheerleaders
Kingston Elite is located at 785 Sir John A Macdonald Blvd. Kingston, ON
Time: 1-4 PM
2. March 6 at Ultimate Canadian Cheer in Pickering – perfect for GTA cheerleaders
UCC is located at 1420 Bayly Street Pickering ON
Clinic is 6:00-9:00 PM
You’ll be taught the latest in stunt skills at all levels. Expect 3 hours of fantastic fun!
Cost for the clinic is $50.00 pp and we HIGHLY recommend you bring your stunt partner or group. For those hoping to make a University team next season there will be University and College coaches on-hand to meet and to answer any questions you may have.
Please CLICK HERE pre-register by filling out the online form. Payment is due at the event – $50.00 CASH ONLY. Proceeds go directly to the athletes of Team Canada.
Team Canada All Girl and Coed Premier athletes are seeking the help of family, friends, local businesses and the Canadian Cheerleading community to help fund our run at the Podium in 2015.
The International Cheer Union World Championships will be help on April 24th in Orlando and each participating member of Team Canada has been asked to raise $1000 to cover the cost of training and incidentals.
Your generous donation will help send one of Canada’s best cheerleaders to represent the Red and White this year. Please be sure to note the name of the Team Canada athlete you are supporting in the comments.
Its the most wonderful time of year! A time filled with the potential of what can be….with amazing athletes beginning to send in their applications and vids for the 2015 version of Team Canada.
There have been a number of questions all along the same theme. So we’ll try to cover them off in this post:
1. When in doubt, try out. While the skill requirements are high we KNOW that we’ve got the athletes in the country to make two amazing teams. So don’t doubt yourself. Do it…you won’t regret it.
2. All video footage should be current. DO NOT include old footage. We want to see what you can currently do and not what you used to be able to do. If there is an injury that limits your ability make note of it along with your prognosis and planned rehab.
3. One video per person. While you are trying out with a group or pair and your group skills should be the same, you should only include your jumps and tumbling. We don’t want to watch 4 girls jumps, then 4 girls tumble. It gets confusing for the committee. One vid per person – your skills only.
4. Non sprung floor tumbling only.
5. When in doubt about a grip requested, do what you know.
6. If a stunt skill is impossible…leave it out.
7. If a stunt skill is almost there but not perfect….put it in.
8. Yes, you can try out as an individual.
9. Yes, you can try out as a tumbling specialist as a male…but know that at one point you are going to throw a basket or base a pyramid…so show you can. Tumbling only WILL NOT get you on the team.
10. Be on time with your submission. Irrespective of situation once the deadline has past we don’t not accept them.
Best of luck to everyone. Remember the deadline is midnight November 15th!
The Tryout Deadline for video submission has been extended to November 15th, 2014.
Our most heartfelt congratulations go out to four year Team Canada veteran, Katie Kovacs on her election as the Pan-American athlete representative of the ICU to the International Olympic Committee. Katie is sure to represent the Americas with grace and honour. We wish her the best in her new role.
Are you a Canadian All-Star team heading to the World Championships immediately following ICU? If you have your bid, be sure to get listed and order your OH CANADA shirts! Part of the proceeds goes directly to the CCU. The shirt is traditionally worn by every Canadian on the Friday of the ICU Championships – we create a sea of red in support of our very own Team Canada. Its an amazing tradition that has taken place every year for the past 5 years – don’t miss out.
Click for the order form HERE. Sorry, only team orders accepted.